I’m proud to share our 2022 Annual Report to the Community. This year’s report showcases the impact we’ve had over the past 12 months as we pursue our mission. The highlights and information you’ll find throughout our annual report are deeply connected with the focus areas identified in our 2022-2024 Strategic Plan and the action steps found in our 2022 Annual Plan.
2022 was a year of significant achievement and success for our agency. We’re thankful to our employees, provider and community partners, and the people we support and their families for helping HCDDS reach our goals.
We had many accomplishments in 2022, but I want to highlight several major achievements that stand out:
- Kicking off our 2022-2024 Strategic Plan
- Establishing an Office of Early Intervention and bringing the service coordination and service provision teams together to better support the babies and toddlers we serve
- Creating the support navigator position to provide a more flexible option for people who need a different level of support
- Continuing to provide excellent services to students in our schools while navigating ongoing challenges with pandemic-related precautions and staffing shortages in district positions
- Adding parent representatives and new members to our Family and Children First Council
- Hosting additional vaccine clinics offering COVID-19 boosters and flu shots
- Focusing on recruitment, retention, and recognition efforts so we can acknowledge the value of our current employees and continue to attract talented people to our team
- Beginning work with a consultant to ensure we are using our facility space in the way that best aligns with our mission
- Funding much-needed support initiatives for our providers, as well as advocating to state legislators for the 6.5% county-board funded payment to help with provider staff retention
- Expanding distribution of My Life magazine and adding three paid contributors with disabilities
We achieved many other successes throughout the year, and I look back on last year with a sense of pride and accomplishment for our team at Hamilton County DD Services. I’m grateful for the talent and dedication our employees bring to their roles, and I’m proud to work alongside all of them to make a difference for people in our county. I’m looking forward to continuing our work together in 2023 and truly can’t wait to see what is ahead!